Sunday 2 June 2013

Quilt for May


Posted in June – life is rather busy around here.



This quilt is made from a line by RJR Fashion Fabrics, based on the Clarissa White Alford quilt owned by the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont.  The original quilt, according to the Museum’s shop’s website, is called the Windmill Blade Triangle Quilt and measures 75” x 85”.  It is variously dated on the internet as from 1886 or circa 1885-1890.

This is another example from my series of quilts using the squares on point blocks, showcasing the prints rather than a pattern. Green is my favourite colour and so I used this gorgeous iron green shade for my backing as well. If you look closely, however, you will see how well this print also shows up in red.

This quilt may look somewhat familiar as I have used it or its reverse side for many backgrounds of photographs of knitting, both here and on my Ravelry pages.

The quilt measures 62” tall by 58” wide and has a thin knife-edged border. It is hand pieced and hand quilted with a simple X pattern with a line through the middle of the X in each square.

1 comment:

One More Stitch said...

Thank you!

I enjoy reading your blog, too.