Monday 30 September 2013

Quilt for September


 This quilt has two different toiles on each side. One side has prints of 18th century American themes such as George Washington crossing the Delaware. I bought this piece of material as a scrap at a quilt show sometime in the 1990s, I believe, and that was all there was so it determined the size of the quilt. The piece did not have a manufacturer’s stamp on it so I have no idea who produced it.








The reverse is a piece that I bought a few years later. The age stains over the 18th century bucolic print are part of the print so as to make the material look old. I never made a note of the manufacturer so, unfortunately, I cannot identify it.


The quilt measures 55 ½” long and just over 38 ½ “ wide. It is hand finished with a knife edge border. The hand quilting is done in the lozenge pattern which is a slightly elongated diamond shape.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is this quilt for sale?